Helping YOU provide Scholarships for Eastside Christian School Students
You already pay taxes. Now you can redirect a portion of your taxes to support school choice, provide scholarships to students at Eastside Christian School AND receive a tax credit when filing your state tax returns!
Already know about the scholarship program? Complete the GOAL Paperless Process today and designate Eastside Christian School as your school of choice.
Want more details? Read on…
What is it? In 2008, Georgia’s elected officials had the remarkable vision to pass the Education Expense Credit law to provide families in our state with access to better educational opportunities for their children. This law allows Georgia taxpayers to redirect a portion of their Georgia income tax liabilities to provide scholarship assistance to students at the private schools of their choice, like Eastside Christian School.
Who Can "Take the Credit?" Anyone who pays income taxes in Georgia can invest in the ECS community and help provide student scholarships by simply contributing to Georgia GOAL, our partner student scholarship organization, in exchange for a dollar-for-dollar tax credit for their contribution.
How Does This Work? The state has established a cap of $58 million in educational expense tax credits per year. To help Eastside Christian School receive some of this tax money in the form of student scholarships, you must request and receive pre-approval from the Department of Revenue (DOR).
- To request approval, simply complete online GOAL Paperless Process TODAY and designate Eastside Christian School as your school of choice.
- In January 2018, GOAL will submit your request to the Georgia DOR and notify you of approval, at which time you will re-direct your specified tax amount as a contribution to GOAL. You will have 60 days to remit your contribution to GOAL, via credit card or check.
- When you file your 2018 tax return, you will submit proof of participation, provided by GOAL, and receive a dollar-for-dollar tax credit for your GOAL contribution to support scholarships at Eastside Christian School.
How much can I give? The Georgia Department of Revenue limits the maximum educational tax credit based on your filing status:
- Single individual or head of household – up to $1,000
- Married couple filing a joint return – up to $2,500
- Married couple filing a separate return – up to $1,250
- S corporation shareholder, LLC member, or partnership partner – up to $10,000
- C corporation or Trust – up to 75% of annual Georgia income tax liability
Refer to line 16 of your completed Georgia 500 tax form to make sure your contribution does not exceed your actual tax liability.
When should I respond? TODAY! GOAL is projecting the $58 million dollar cap will be reached as early as January 1, 2018, because of early-requests being made right now! Reserve your tax credit for 2017 NOW… If you wait, the cap will be met by other schools and the opportunity for students at Eastside Christian School could pass us by.
Who receives the scholarships? Students desiring to attend Eastside Christian School from a Georgia public school, or those entering kindergarten, are eligible to apply for GOAL Scholarships, which helps cover a portion of their tuition costs, based on financial need. Eastside Christian School uses its regular admission and financial aid process to determine those students who are eligible to receive aid through GOAL and submits the scholarship candidates and amounts to GOAL for final approval.